Hope this week is treating you kindly so far. Going through the same old stuff over here. I’m actually a day ahead of myself. Last night, I couldn’t believe that it was only Monday. Only Monday? Seriously? How sad is that? Today, I’m totally thinking that it’s Wednesday. Oh well. Some weeks move like lightning and others like molasses. This just happens to be a molasses kind of week. 😉
Currently, I’m sitting in my car. If I don’t get out of the office I end up getting pulled into things, which leads to:
- Not taking lunch.
- Not fitting my blogging in.
- Not being able to read about what’s going on in my favorite people’s lives (Including but not limited to: Melissa, Lisa, Nicole & Melissa #2.)
- Starting to feel drained before the 5 PM whistle blows.
- All of the above (which is most of the time).
For Christmas, my mom got me this handy bag for work.
I filled it up with all of my essentials and made a pact that I’d go out to my car during lunch, at least a few times a week, to take a breather and blog. So, here I sit.
Man, look at those bags under my eyes. Someone needs better sleep!
My morning started out with a 30 minute sweat session on the elliptical. I admit, it was a major struggle pulling myself out from under the covers this morning. I’ve been feeling extremely tired lately, even though I’ve been going to bed at a reasonable hour. So, I’m thinking this is due to my body being run down from that cold I can’t seem to get rid of. I’m sure work stress has something to do with it, as well.
The only thing that made me jump up was knowing that Rob’s car was parked behind me in the driveway and I’d have to get up anyway to move it. Why not move it and get a gym session in, right? I was pumped once my workout was over and done with. I might have to park in front of Rob more often. 😉
Before January (and 2012) gets away from me I wanted to post my goals for the new year.
I’m proud to say that for once there is no weight loss goal within my resolutions. I’m over it! I’m at a healthy weight and want to work on health and fitness more than focusing on weight loss. If I happen to lose some weight in the process I won’t complain, but that isn’t my main goal. I’ll post more about my current nutrition decision in an upcoming post.
There are some major events happening in 2012…
- My Mom’s 60th Birthday – April
- My Brother’s Graduation From College (He’s the last of the 5 siblings finishing up school) – May
- My Sister’s Bridal Shower, Bachelorette & Wedding! (The 1st of the 5 siblings to get married) – Summer 2012
- Other fabulous things will be sprinkled throughout the year, as well, but these are the MAJOR events.
With all that going on, I want to be at my best (mentally, physically & spiritually). This is going to be a great year. I CAN FEEL IT!!
I broke my goals into 3 categories:
- Fitness/Health – Be Consistent
- Love, Family & Friends – Be Grateful
- Self/Life – Become More Well-Rounded & Fulfilled
Here’s what made my list:
- Fitness/Health – Be Consistent
- Weight Train 2-3 days/week
- Cardio 2-3 days/week
- Add yoga & stretching to my routine.
- Train for an event. (I’m looking at this one: http://eventpowerli.com/events/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95:town-of-islip-gsb&catid=35:events)
- Be able to do at least 5 unassisted pull-ups.
- Work on my disordered eating.
- Schedule all doctor/dentist appointments. (I’m not consistent with this annually)
- Drink at least 64 oz of water/day.
- Take my multivitamin daily.
- Love, Family & Friends– Be Grateful
- Plan more things with Rob (dates, trips, experiences, etc).
- See my family more often.
- Plan time with friends.
- Reach out to friends/family I’ve lost touch with.
- Take more pictures of those I love – Create a scrapbook.
- Make as many great memories as possible.
- Some of my goals in this category are missing b/c they will be surprises for the people in my life, some of whom frequent the blog. 😉
- Self/Life– Become More Well-Rounded & Fulfilled
- Follow current events. (I’m horrible with this)
- Get into a groove with blogging. (Think I found the solution to this. Anyone else blog from their car?) 😉
- Take more pictures.
- Read at least 1 book per month.
- Volunteer (find something I’m passionate about and donate my time)
- Do nice things for myself (mani, pedi, new clothes, etc)
- Learn to speak up and take initiative!
- Take classes (photography, baking, cooking, nutrition, etc)
- I really want to sign up for baking classes offered by The Cake Boss!
- Experiment with my baking and start selling.
- Make a dream come true (can’t elaborate on this right now, but will when the time is right).
- Go to church more consistently (aka not only on holidays).
There are a few things I’m unable to list right now, but will be able to when the time is right. I don’t want to spoil some surprises for others and also have to be careful about certain things I post here. The time will come when I will be able to share, so definitely stay tuned. 🙂
My goal list is extensive, but I think that I can manage everything I’m hoping to. I’m looking to fill my life with an assortment of positive things and be more balanced in all aspects of life. Things tend to be one-sided with me (work, work, work, etc). I also have an all or nothing type of personality, which stems from that darn perfectionist trait of mine. 😉
So, that’s my goal list. What made your list this year?
Man, my lunch hour is already over. That went way too fast! It was certainly nice to step away from my desk and do something I enjoy though.
Wishing you a great day!