5AM? It’s Game Time!

Happy Monday! 

What’s shakin’?  Not too much going on over here, other than work, work, and…..oh yeah, work!  My booty did shake into gear when my 5am alarm sounded.  I didn’t even close my eyes for another fraction of a second.  The alarm went off, I gave Rob a kiss on the cheek and I was out of bed faster than you could blink.  Well, maybe not quite that fast, but FAST.

I was sleepy, but nothing was going to get in the way of my first day back to the gym.  I had written up my routine on Sunday night, while Rob was finishing his expense report.  That sucker took him HOURS!  I figured I might as well use my time wisely until we could watch Mob Wives together.

BTW, have you seen this show? 

It’s definitely entertaining and keeps my mind off of the work week….for at least the length of the show. 😉

So, I pulled my notebook out from my gym bag and did a lil measurement taking, to see where I’m starting from.  Some warm up squats might also have been done in front of the mirror.  I’m still worried about my knees and wanted to see how they would hold up.  Major crack-a-lackin’ occurred and I figured I just wouldn’t do squats.  I hopped in my car for the 5 minute ride.  Not bad.  The best part was that, unlike my gym in CT, everything I needed was available to me.  If you remember, before I moved and everything with my knee issues, I had been getting extremely annoyed because my gym was SO overly packed that I could never use the equipment that I needed.  Major score!  I was in and out of the gym within an hour and got everything that I needed done! 

Oh, and those squats….After a 10 minute warm-up and the remainder of what I had written down for my routine, I decided I would give those squats a shot. Know what?  No creaking!  My knees feel a little sore right now, but I’ll take some Aleve when I get home to help with that.  I am being EXTREMELY careful with what I’ll allow myself do for legs.   My doctor told me to try to go about life the way I normally would.  I’m not going to go all out first shot out of the gate.  I’m easing into it and will see what happens.

By 6:30 I was back at the house.  I took a quick shower, got bundled into a fluffy robe, and got back into bed to snuggle with my man for a few minutes.  I can’t get enough of him!  I seriously have some attachment issues.  It’s hard for me to leave him when I know he’ll be around the house.  I’m working on it and we laugh about it.  I’m sure he feels very loved. 🙂

I got to work early and here I’ve been sitting ever since.  The day is actually moving rather quickly.  We have a full schedule of outside guests coming in for meetings this week. I’m busy planning breakfasts/lunches, scheduling car service, creating reports and making booklets.  At the end of the day here I.AM.POOPED!  I also feel very accomplished.

Wishing you a Marvelous Monday!



2 thoughts on “5AM? It’s Game Time!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s