Good Afternoon & Happy Monday to Ya!
Somehow the weekends pass way too quickly for me. Before I know it, it’s Sunday night and I’m wondering how it could be possible. It’s all good though. The program I use at work was finally fixed right before I left on Friday. So, I was able to get work done this morning. At least I know my day will pass more quickly now.
The wedding on Saturday turned out to be great. My date is the only person that knows about the blog, so I didn’t take pictures of all of the food. Pretty soon I know I’ll feel more comfortable to whip my camera out and take pictures of whatever my heart desires. The food actually was quite delicious. I had a little bit of everything and was satisfied. During the Venetian Hour, I was circling one of the dessert tables, trying to figure out what I wanted. I noticed the little girl in front of me taking just about one of everything. I laughed to myself thinking that this was probably a child’s dream to have so many desserts at her fingertips. By the looks on many of the adults’ faces, it just might have been their dream come true, too. 😉
Yesterday, I took my measurements and tucked them away for a month from now, when I’ll remeasure myself. The urge to weigh myself was very strong yesterday, but I stayed away from the scale. Yay me! I think it will get easier the longer I stay off of it.
So, if you recall, I made some promises on Saturday. I also mentioned that I wanted to list some of my goals. Some are short-term, while others will take longer. I like Tina’s idea of “Monday Mini Goals” and I’m going to jump on the bandwagon. By Sunday, I’ll (fingers crossed) be able to show you that I have accomplished all my mini goals, which should keep me on track to accomplishing my long-term goals.
What are these goals, you ask?
- Get into the groove with writing my blog.
- Get my health & wellness certification.
- Lose 15 lbs, to get back to my happy weight from last summer. I’d like to do this by the HLS, in August.
- Be more consistent with my workouts.
- Be able to do unassisted pull-ups.
- Try new things (classes in: dance, yoga, photography, wine, cooking, etc).
- Meet new people.
- Go on vacation (haven’t been in over 12 years!!).
- Treat myself to nice things (clothes, mani/pedi, etc) every so often. I tend to not splurge on myself.
- Get my finances in order (pay off credit cards, start to save, etc).
Monday Mini Goals (6/14-6/20):
- Post on my blog at least 1x/day.
- Finish the 2nd unit of my nutrition book.
- Start reading Intuitive Eating.
- No binges.
- Workout 5x this week.
- Try yoga.
- Try 1 new recipe.
- Only weigh myself on Saturday.
- Organize my 2nd bedroom (aka…disaster central)
- Tuck away at least $100 from my next paycheck.
*Each of my mini goals should be helpful in reaching some of my long-term goals.
So, what are some of your goals? Is there anything that’s been a goal for what seems like forever that you just haven’t tackled yet? Being able to do unassisted pull-ups is something I’ve wanted to do FOREVER. I’m almost there!
Time for this girly to get back to work. Only about 3 hours left and then I’m outta here!!
Hope you’re having a great day!